Monday, November 14, 2011

E-learning 2 for Communication Skills

My communicative strengths are that I pronounce words correctly and form sentences without grammatical error. This is important as children are very easily influenced. They pick up what they hear and mimic what they see. Hence, as teachers, we need to be good role models for them.

On top of error free grammar, I speak in a clear and well projected voice. Hence, people/students can hear me loud and clear. My instructions are very simple and concise, making it easy for primary school students to understand. I feel that effective communication is one in which you make yourself understood, and not sound profound to the extent that nobody understands a word you say.

My weakness in communication would be that I am too frank. This could hurt the pride of the people I communicate with. This includes students, colleagues and friends.

I would really want to learn to be more tactful in talking to others. I feel that I can learn improve on this by thinking about what I want to say before actually saying it. This may make me reply slower, but it could actually benefit me in the long run.

No comments:

Post a Comment